Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It All Starts with a Dream

My journey began after we moved from the Phoenix, Arizona area to Chippewa Falls where my husband's dream was to find the ideal lake home where he could fish to his heart's content. While we said goodbye to the negatives of big city living, we also left behind excellent gymnastics and fine arts programs that we had come to love. While I found excellent coaches and gymnasts in the area, there were no private gymnastic clubs that provided the kind of gymnastics experience I grew up with as a Parkette gymnast in Allentown, Pennsylvania, or that I had enjoyed as a parent of aspiring young gymnasts in Arizona. It didn't take long for me to decide that I could make it happen here, in the Chippewa Valley. That's how the dream started. However, I didn't know I would have to persevere for 5 years, searching in vain for a location, and finally having to change the city's laws to realize that dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment